Emma is a cheerful girl who lived in the simple residential, but the building was high and you can say if it almost like apartment. The condition’s still good where there was still a little old element. Their family is really harmonious. Well, you can say that she’s a lucky person. She lived happily with her parents and her little brother, also had many friends. So, I believe no one will say that she's unlucky person.
One day, a beautiful girl moved in the house next door to Emma. Emma watching over her through the windows. “Waa... she’s really beautiful. I guess many boys will fighting over her. But I wonder why she looked so pale, like body without soul.” She said. “Hmm... Maybe I shall tell mother.”
            She ran down the stairs and meet mother to tell her about the girls that just moved next door with them. “Mother, did you see that girl? Have you see her? The girl who just moved next door to us. I guess she’s the same age as me. Guess what? I’ll have a new friend” Said Emma happily. Mother answer, “Hold on young lady, its time to go bed now. Its been late night, I’m sure you’ll meet her tomorrow at school.” Emma said, “But Mother, I’m not sleepy yet.” Mother said again, “No, sweety. Go bed now. Good Night and, sweet dreams.” Emma had no choice, she said “Good Night” to her mother and go to sleep.

            The next morning, she meet that girl that she saw last night, she meet her at school. Finally she know that girl’s name was Freya. She try to make friends with her, also the others. But Freya doesn’t even give any response. Emma pretty curious, now she know that Freya was pretty cold girl. 2 weeks passed since Freya moves to their school, and she hasn't do any conversation yet with them. Emma don’t understand, why she’s so quite. She ask to her friends, “Hey, guys! Do you see Freya? Have you talk to her? I think she’s still unfamilliar with us.” “That girl? Don’t be silly, She’s really cold. She hasn't talk with anybody since the day she moved here. A-Alright, she talked once... but that was when she presented her task, and... introducing herself.” Said Lea. Suddenly, Lucy comes. “Ouw really? I think she more like a loser.” “Shut up Lucy. Don’t say it so badly. You know, she just a little bit too lonely.” Said Emma. The conversation was end, just right when the bell was ringing. Emma hasn’t go to home yet. She must attend the dancing class, where she can meet Freya again. Freya always be alone in wherever she’d be. But Emma still trying to talk with her. Somehow, Emma feel sad about her because she always looked so pathetic. Even one day, Emma found her fainted on the floor. Not just that, Emma also had ever found Freya under the tree with the bleeding nose. “Father, Mother, have you seen Freya? She looked pale in every times. Is she sick? Ouw yeah, she also fainted sometimes, and her nose was bleeding” ask Emma one day. “We don’t know sweety. If she’s really sick, lets hope that she’ll get better soon.” Said Father. “Alright” said Emma again.

            Day after day passed. Emma always see Freya writing about something. In this day, she feel curious and ask her. “What are you doing?” Ask Emma. “What do you want?” said Freya coldly. “I was just asking. Is that matter? Ouw well, shall I help you?” said Emma politely. “None of your bussiness. Please, leave me alone.” Said Freya, this time with the better voice than before. “You’re too much getting alone. This time, lets play some games. Shall we? I never see your smiley face. Lets make some.” Said Emma while take her to the garden. Emma show her many beautiful flower. She show her many wonderful things. For the first time, Freya feels really exciting and she smiled. Emma was happy too. Finally she can make friends with her, also watching her smiley face. You know, all this time her face was so pale and so sad. “Where is your parents, Freya? I never saw them.” Ask Emma suddenly. Freya stand and said, “They were died because of accident, about 2 years ago. I’m living alone with grandma.” That what Freya said, and she left Emma and back to her homes.  “Ugh, I shouldn’t ask it.” Said Emma in her heart.

            One morning, Freya went to Emma’s house to invite her to play games during the holiday. Emma agreed. They spent the whole day to play and had fantastic games. What a wonderful day they had. But, after that day, Freya was never there. Suddenly her presence is missing. Its been 4 weeks she wasn’t at school, no... she wasn’t in anywhere. And 1 weeks later, Freya’s Grandmother went to meet Emma. “Ouw, my little girl. I want to tell you about the news. Before that, here the letters for you, written by my grand daughter , Freya. I hope you can accept this, that the truth is Freya is died about a long time ago. Right after the day you had so much happy times. Actually she had a cancer and it was in critical stage, thank you for giving her some exciting experience in her last time. Now, please excuse this old lady, I’ll back to my town. Once again, thank you Emma.” That’s what Freya’s Grandma said to her. Emma was shock. She really sad that Freya has gone already. Then, she read the letter.



                                                                                                London, October 16th 2008

My dearly friends, Emma

When you receive this letter, I suppose to be died right now. Forgive me to not telling you that I had cancer named Leukemia. Actually, I moved next door to you is because my treatment. But, I know soon or later I'll be died cos my disease couldn't be healed.  Don’t be sad, alright? You know, you’re the first person that can makes me enjoy my life. Well at least, in a several time. I’m sorry that I had so cold behaviour at first time.You can see that I don’t really know how to associate with other people. Besides, I’m affraid that I’ll hurt their feeling and leave them after that. Please, forgive me.

Ouh, remember the time that you asked about my parent? Actually I lied to you. They were murdered by robber. Sorry I couldn’t tell you, because I don’t want you to be sorry about me. I don’t like when people feel sorry about me. Yet, I kept everything as a secret. 

I hope one day, In God’s heaven... We can meet each other, and lets play again. Lets dance together. But, before that, please continue your wonderful life that I never had. Ouh yeah, please check out the other letters. There was a poetry that I’ve mad. I want to show you. Sorry if the poetry doesn’t seems good. Ugh, I think that’s it. My nose start bleeding again, I don’t want to make this letter become dirty because of my blood. Its sound terrible wasn’t it? Bye, Emma... 

                                                                                                    Thank You for the Exciting Time,
                                                                                               

                                                                                                                                          Freya



Writer : Gita Ardeny

Comments (0)